I do realize that members of my family could potentially disown me for this post but here goes...
Last wednesday night I went to an Obama soirée held by the Democrats Abroad- Avignon Chapter. (In case you were curious, the Republicans Abroad- Avignon chapter does NOT exist…)
It was such a mixture of French and American culture, it was incredible- I loved it!
1st course- self described by the chef as “chicken liver cake” with wine jelly and salad
2nd course- chicken drowning in the most amazing creamy sauce ever with golden roasted potatoes, probably cooked in duck fat because they were perfectly crispy and ready to soak up the extra sauce
3rd course- dessert! Rhubarb cheesecake- somehow I got a significantly larger piece than everyone else, so this caused some jealousy at the table
After dinner, I had some super strong coffee, which somewhat balanced the sleepy effect of the wine…
My friends and I were going to call a cab because it ended somewhat late- the dinner lasted 4 hours (very French! And yes we were eating pretty much the whole time), but the chef, Yves, offered to give us all rides home. Since the restaurant was a 30 minute walk away, this was much appreciated.
Since I have been here, I have had some political discussions with French people about the political situation in
Anyone who isn’t registered to vote, please do so. Time is running out!
For friends studying abroad that need an absentee ballot, go to votefromabroad.org
I received my
Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated. In a couple of days I hope to put more photos on facebook and maybe update again about my trip last weekend to visit noemie.
here's a preview: (we had so much fun!)
2 comments:
I am so glad you and Noemie had such a good time. She is as cute as ever. I have no comments at this time about the Obama soiree... : )
Keep posting. Love to hear what you are doing.
mom
Gnomey!!!
Yay update.
Post a Comment